Yamaha XS1B 650 Fat Brat, built to order
Everything about this build was around simplicity, no messing around in winter with chargers then to find your battery is f+@ked the next time you try ride it, clean handlebars with a horn & high/low beam controlled by 2 momentary buttons, 1 left the other right.
The complete PMA system from vape is a joy making this 1971 bike reliable & easy to start.
- Frame, subframe & swingarm modified then powder coated
- Machine wider yokes, machined to use XS1B steering damper
- Original forks fully rebuilt & lowered
- 5 x 16 firestone tyres sitting on 3.5″ alloy rims
- Wheels laced with stainless steel spokes & nipples
- Custom made stainless steel handlebars with biltwell grips
- Custom stainless steel exhaust system
- Narrower rear subframe
- Lengthened swingarm
- Vape PMA full electrical system
- Vape reg/rec
- Vape solid state cdi
- Vape coils
- Running batteryless
- Relay controlled switch high/low beam
- Custom wiring past through the frame
- Custom made front & rear fenders
- Custom made seat trimmed with quality black leather
- All new custom made control cables
- New foot,kick & changer rubbers
We wanted to keep the original steering damping set up which in our opinion is super cool so had to design the handlebars to work around that, stainless steel button switches to control the horn & high/low beam giving a super clean look to the bars, lowered & fully restored the suspension, the sub-frame has been narrowed.
Off course we’ve not used the standard yamaha tank & converted the bike to modern electronics running batteryless which will gives greater reliability, no need for battery chargers.
follow us on instagram @kunacustoms